Writing & Consultation
Guidance from a published author and experienced clinical psychologist
I write in order to share psychological ideas in books, newspapers, magazines and blogs.
I can also offer supervision, consultation, teaching, training and workshops for a range of different professionals, organisations and settings.
Consultation and Supervision
As a professional working during the antenatal or postnatal period, you may have a need for evidence-based, easily accessible information on perinatal mental health. There are many people and organisations working to support parents, but it can be hard to figure out how you can be as helpful as possible to the people you work with. Or perhaps you are a psychologist wondering how to branch out into working independently, looking for information on working with perinatal clients or wondering about the ethics of social media.
I provide easy to access and high quality bespoke consultation to professionals as well as clinical supervision. This can also be provided by others in the Collective, to suit your individual needs.
Pick my Brains
Perhaps you have an idea you’d like to mull over, a course you’re developing or a question you can’t find the answer to. Due to the number of enquiries I receive looking for support, I would love to offer you my brains to pick! You are welcome to also pick the brains of the other members of the collective, or even work with us as a group.
- A 45 minute phone or online session focused on a particular topic or question (to be agreed via email prior to the session)
- Email feedback on possible next steps
This is for you if:
- You work in the antenatal or postnatal period with parents or parents to be OR
- You work in mental health
- You are interested in learning more about perinatal mental health, or any other aspect of our work
- You have a specific question or questions you would like space to think about
- You are happy to speak via phone/online
This is not for you if:
- You are looking for clinical supervision
- You would like to discuss a clinical case
- You are looking for a quote or ideas for your article, book or project (we are happy to do this free of charge)
- You would like to discuss working with me or others in the collective
Writing & Press
There are so many common themes in the work that I do around parenting and mental health, that increasingly I’ve turned to writing to share these ideas with a larger community than I can meet individually. As well as my book ‘Why Birth Trauma Matters’, I have written courses to improve access to therapeutic ideas, articles and contributed to others’ work. If you would like to speak to me about writing or contributing to your project or article please contact me.